A) Experimental facilities
ITU Hydraulic Laboratory was established to carry out physical modeling applications of water structures such as breakwaters, breakwaters, dams and related art structures, sedimentation basins and underwater basins belonging to hydraulic, coastal and marine engineering works.
6 serbestlik derecesinde hareket edebilen 3 Boyutlu Sualtı Sarsma Tablası
3-D Underwater Shake Table with 6 degrees of freedom
The 3-D underwater shake table has a reservoir of 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.2 m and can perform movements in 3 degrees of freedom and 3 degrees of freedom. The optimum working capacity is 5 tons and the maximum working capacity is 15 ton.
Wave Basin (1)
It is 25.0 × 30.0 × 0.7 m and has two wave generators, one of which is irregular and one of which is regular, making an angle of 90 ° with each other.
Wave Basin (2)
It has dimensions of 25.0 × 25.0 × 0.6 m and has a regular wave generator and heaters at 20 kW for hot water discharge experiments.
Wave Canal (1)
It is 24 × 1 × 0.75 m in dimensions and has an irregular wave generator.
Wave Canal (2)
It has dimensions of 25.5 × 1 × 0.6 m and has regular wave generator and current circulation system. Heaters and coolers are available for cold and hot water experiments.
Wave Canal (3)
It is 30 × 1 × 1.25 m in size and has regular, irregular wave generator and current circulation system.
Wide Wave Canal
It is 24 × 6 × 1.5 m in dimensions and has a regular wave generator and current circulation system. Long Wave Canal
(Under Maintenance / Not in use)
It is 120 × 2 × 2 m and has regular wave generator and current circulation system.
Tsunami Wave Canal
It is a channel with dimensions of 24 × 0.6 × 0.5 m and equipped with a long wave generator which can produce solitary wave and N-wave.
Current Canals Tilting in Various Sizes
In a wide range of sizes, there are current channels that can be changed in pitch.
B) Test instruments (Measuring devices)
ITU Hydraulics Laboratory has a wide range of test tools.
• Nortek Vectrino II: Acoustic Doppler Velocity Profiler for Laboratory
• Nortek Vectrino: Acoustic Doppler Speedometer for Laboratory
• SONTEK ADV: Acoustic Doppler Speedometer for Laboratory
• Nortek AWACS: Wave height and direction measurements and Acoustic Doppler Flow Profile meter (for land use)
• Andreea: Acoustic Doppler Speedometer (for land use).
• Dantec Constant Temperature Anemometer (CTA) (with hot wire and hot film probes)
• Deltares OPCON: Optical Concentration Meter
• HR Wallingford Wave Monitors and probes
• Force gauges
• Load cells
• Pressure gauges
• Salinity meters
• Data recorders and data acquisition systems
• Underwater acoustic recording system Web Site of Hydraulics Laboratory